So you want to learn how to sell products online? Doesn’t everybody?
Fortunately, you have come to the right place. I will show you the nuts and bolts of how it’s done. I will even send you to the best place to learn this valuable skill of how to sell products online.
There are a few steps to the process. They aren’t painful nor long and drawn out. These steps must be done, though, to lay the foundation for your future success.
1. You have to decide what kinds of products you’re going to sell.
This is the most critical of the steps. This will decide what happens in the rest of your business.
I recommend picking something that you enjoy doing…like a hobby or your favorite sport or recreational past-time.
After all, what’s the point of working from home if you don’t enjoy what you’re doing. You might as well be at that 9-to-5 JOB, right?
2. You have to find a web host and build a website around your product offering.
Now that you have decided on a genre, you have to build a website, but in order to build the website, you have to follow a few steps.
1) Find a web host– In order to run a website, you have to find a Web Host. This will be the company that will host your website on their server system for a monthly fee.
These web hosts usually have a full panel of some sort that allows you to access certain features of your website, such as domain emails (i.e firstname.lastname@example.org), internet security, website backup and other such handy functions.
Even though they are the most expensive, I recommend Wealthy Affiliate for web hosting because they offer a lot of functions that goes with your membership…such as:
- Extra Internet Security
- Automatic backup
- One-click password change for WordPress
- One-click WordPress log-in
- Pre-loaded website plug-ins (which will be invaluable during your time in business on the net)
- Free Site SSL (which I think you have to pay for with other web hosts)
- You can own up to 10 private domains on your account
So even though Wealthy Affiliate is more expensive, they have you covered on most ad-ons that other web hosts usually charge for.
2) Register a domain- Once you get the web host all sorted out, you will have to Register a private domain name. This is a fairly standard service that all web hosts provide.
You just go to that part of the host’s website and type in the domain name that you would like, and see if it’s available.
If the domain is available, you will be quoted a price to pay for the year. Just pay the price, and you have your own piece of online real estate for as long as you keep the registration fee paid up. Congratulations on your first website, by the way (if it truly is your first).
3) Build your website– Now you get to build your website. This part can be fairly clunky. It just depends on if you like the “theme” (i.e. layout). If you don’t like the theme, then you will have to go on the internet to search for a theme that you really like.
Thank you for accepting your mission and good luck.
Again, Wealthy Affiliate to the rescue. Wealthy Affiliate has the process of building a website down from domains to the theme you want. They have over 3000 themes to pick from. So the problem isn’t finding a theme. The problem will be analysis paralysis.
In other words, you may get bogged down trying to figure out which theme you want to use.
Once you figure out which site you want to use, you click on the build website button at the bottom of the website creation window, and Wealthy Affiliate will take care of the rest.
3. Build out your website with content.
Now just build out your website. The easiest way to sell products is through content.
The easiest way to move products is through reviewing those products as an affiliate marketer.
You will want to write blog articles referring back to the reviews, as well. This gives more weight to your site overall and gives more exposure to the review.
After all, you have the review itself getting clicks…then you have the blog posts referring back to the review getting clicks as well.
If you did your job right, the reader will read through the blog posts and click on the link to the review. There’s the extra review exposure. Writing content specifically for interlinking will boost your website even more in the rankings. You can read more about interlinking here.
But just throwing up a product review does not an affiliate marketer make:
- Do those reviews use keywords?
- Is keyword stuffing being used? (I hope not)
- Are the keywords get enough traffic?
- Even worse…are the keywords too competitive?
And guess what, With your Wealthy Affiliate web hosting membership, they provide training that will teach you how to properly build out your website for maximum search engine rankings..
You will learn how to properly write reviews for products that you are promoting. You will learn everything you need to learn about keywords. You will even leave the core training with an awesome looking website that they taught you how to build…but YOU built it.
If this whole seems daunting…don’t sweat it.
The process sounds complex in the beginning, but it just looks daunting. It really isn’t, though, and the guys at Wealthy Affiliate have the training that will take you through it step-by-step. You have nothing to fear. Just give them a shot, you’ll be glad you did.
If you have any questions or comments, leave a comment below. I love comments and engaging with all my commenters.
Until next time, I wish you well, wherever you end up.